Sunday, February 18, 2007

Australia Week

Aaron left in the wee hours of the morning for Townsville, Australia, where he'll be spending the remainder of this week teaching a YWAM DTS. Which means that Taylor and I get to have another week of special mommy-daughter time, in the midst of holding down the fort at the House of Prayer. Thankfully, Aaron and I have a strong team around us, so that when he's gone, the leadership doesn't fall completely on my shoulders. In addition to leading my worship sets this week, I'll still try to go into the prayer room once a day with Taylor, even if it is just for an hour or so - but that's about the extent of my involvement while still being a full-time mommy! I will be teaching class tomorrow at our house while Taylor is sleeping, but that should be easy. Andy and Bek will teach the rest of the week.

Our latest news from the greenhouse is that Taylor's beans are just beginning to poke through the soil - she was so excited! I think this will be a fun project for her, if she doesn't lose interest along the way. No signs of that occurring yet.

Speaking of projects, I have officially declared this week to be "Australia Week" for Taylor. She was asking me lots of questions today about where daddy was, where Australia is, what it's like, etc. So I smelled a good learning opportunity, and I will shortly be on a quest through cyber space to find coloring pages, simple crafts, etc. related to Australia and/or the wildlife therein. We'll see what I'm actually able to come up with, but for now at least it stands as a good idea!

No comments: