Tuesday, February 20, 2007

She's up the Mount, folks!

When Aaron is out of town, it makes going up the mount a bit more of a challenge, since he's the one who always watches her while I go up. So today, Nic and I decided to bring her with us, and have her join in the fun for part of the way. Nic started going up first, while Taylor and I followed slowly behind her, until we got part of the way up. Taylor and I then waited for Nic to come back down, at which time it was my turn to finish the trek up to the top on my own, while Nic and Taylor went back down. The plan worked great, although Nic was stopped on the way down by a caring stranger who saw Taylor with me on the way up, noticed her with someone different on the way down, and wondered if she (Taylor) was lost! Nic had a bit of explaining to do, but apparently did so to the man's satisfaction, and was then able to continue on to the beach with Taylor to wait for me there.

Taylor did awesome, climbing up a few sets of steps, and then walking up a long path with a gradual uphill slope. She was so proud of herself, rightfully so!




5 comments:

Jaime said...

How sweet for the man to notice and say something. What a help that would have been had Taylor been in trouble. I like the caring kind of strangers...much better than the nosy, give advice on how to raise your children kind... :-)

Kristi Walsh said...

Wouldn't you know, Jaime....today when Nic was walking up with Taylor, someone stopped her and (quite irately) asked, "How old is she?? You aren't taking her up there, are you?? It's much too difficult for her. You shouldn't be taking her up there...." And on and on. I wonder what sort of comments we'll get tomorrow?! :-)

Jaime said...

That's too funny that it was just the opposite the second time. Everyone's got an opinion... :-)

Jaime said...

I really hope that if you're taking your daughter up that mountain that you have good walking shoes on her and a sun bonnet and definitely sun screen and I hope you didn't forget the water... blah, blah... :-) Just kidding!

Kristi Walsh said...

You're awesome, Jaime! Now don't you worry - we've got those bases covered....this mama comes prepared! :-)