Monday, February 12, 2007

Musings from this evening

Once again, I find myself typing this moments before I will head off to bed; many moments past when I should have gone to bed. Some days feel like a race in which I am continually trying to keep up with my life that is running ahead of me just a little faster than I can keep up with. Most days it feels like a race that I'm usually losing. Not everything can be done; something has to give in the end. Today it is sleep and some last-minute study of Psalm 145 before we sing it tomorrow.

In the midst of it all, I am reminded again how much diligence is required to stay alert and alive in my spirit; to be attentive to the voice and the leadings of the Holy Spirit who lives on the inside; to maintain a posture of watchfulness and prayer. It is so easy to be given over to a dullness and a lethargy of spirit, and it's a fight to not be weighed down by the cares of this life. This I know: I want to be deliberate about maintaining a spirit of prayer even in the midst of the mundane, busyness of day-to-day life. Easier said than done, I can promise you.

And now for some random news, today was the first day at THOP that we increased the prayer room hours! We felt that it was time and the community was ready to take the next step. I've gotta say, it's really exciting watching the Lord build His house, and I'm so thankful that I get to be part of it. I love what we do.

No comments: