Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Baseball

Those of you who know me well - or those of you who have been reading this blog for any amount of time - will know that I love baseball. That is no doubt one of the things I miss about America. There's just nothing like going to the ballpark on a warm summer night to watch a game live. I try to keep up with baseball as much as I can while we're doing here, though admittedly it is a bit more difficult as I really have to go out of my way to keep track of all that is going on. I do faithfully track the progress of one team in particular - the Colorado Rockies. Tthis year - if they win lots of games against the right opponents in the remaining couple weeks of the season - there is a good chance they could win the national league wild card and make it to the playoffs. Today they lost in the bottom of the 10th inning - in one of those important games against an important opponent. Hopefully they'll be able to pull out the big wins from here on out when they need them. And one thing is for certain. I'll be watching their progress closely for the remainder of the season - and hopefully into October.

No comments: