Friday, September 07, 2007

Time is flying.

Wow. It's been a whole week since I've posted. Where did the days go? We got back into town on Monday and very quickly got back into the routine of life. Tuesday was a normal day for me ~ prayer room in the morning, home in the afternoon. Wednesday night we had the staff and interns over for a cookout. It had been a long time since we had all gathered together, and it really was a lot of fun to see everyone outside the context of the prayer room and class. Then yesterday, after my long day in the prayer room, Aaron and I went out to the local mall for some time together while shopping. Our vacuum cleaner broke last week, and being one of those things that you really can't live without for longer than a few days, we decided it was time to replace it. I had also wanted to look for something specific at one of the home stores in the mall. For quite some time now, I've been wanting to get some decorative lanterns to hang in the house. One of my friends recently tipped me off that one of the stores in the mall had some. So yesterday we had a look, and not only did they have exactly what I was looking for, but I got the last two on the shelf - on sale - for only $10 each. I have to say, I was really excited! Now I just have to find the hardware to hang them with, and we'll be in business. One thing I've learned in the last 18 months is that home decor is much more challenging in New Zealand than it is in America, mostly because it's near impossible to find cute things that are affordable. This has been quite a startling realization for one who loves trying to make our house look cute, so when deals on good stuff such as these come along, it really is worth celebrating.

1 comment:

Esther Irwin said...

opp shops! Best deals in the country. I think most Kiwi's will decorate their gardens before their houses. Why be indoors when you can be outdoors? At least that's the theory.