Thursday, September 27, 2007

Randomness

Yesterday was another gorgeous spring day, so I took Taylor and a friend out for a picnic lunch at the Mount. It was so much fun; Taylor really enjoyed playing in the sand and watching the waves (still way too cold for swimming). I still can't really believe that I live in such a beautiful place!

Today was my long day at the house of prayer - prayer room in the morning, teaching class in the afternoon. I'm feeling especially tired this evening - so much so that I just sat on our couch and watched SportsCenter for the last 30 minutes. Yes, I'm lovin' SportsCenter these days.....with baseball playoffs just around the corner and eight NL teams currently in contention for 4 playoff spots, keeping track of who is winning which games is of utmost imortance. It really is getting pretty exciting these days. I wan't kidding when I said I love baseball!

Our quiet week is drawing to a close. Nic comes back tomorrow, and Dayna in a couple more weeks. It's been a nice change of pace. I've had heaps more time with Taylor than I usually do which I think has been good for both of us, and heaps more time and space just to "be" and to chill out. We have a week break coming up during which we'll close the prayer room and have no classes; I think I'll definitely be ready for more "down time".

I think it's time for me to head out to the office and practice some piano and vocalizes before heading off to bed. 'Night!

No comments: