Tuesday, February 28, 2006

All in a Day's Work

I began my day leading a 2 hour devotional. It was an awesome way to start the day.....I really didn't have much of an idea what I was going to sing about, but I began in Psalm 138 and ended up singing around the mystery of the eternal God - whose beauty will go on and on and on and who will always have more of Himself to reveal to us to fascinate our hearts. I'm still in awe of the fact that we will gaze on Him for billions of billions of billions of years, and He will never cease to fascinate our hearts with something new about Him that He chooses to reveal. He is the inexhaustible God. I then sang a bit of the mystery of creation and the incarnation and that this One is the One who calls us beloved and who greatly desires us.....it was a beautiful 2 hours, and I walked away thinking, "I really needed that." What a great way to start the day. I love what I do; I wouldn't trade it for anything. Full time mommy, part-time in the house of prayer. Great combination.

Had a beautiful lunch with the interns today. One of our intern's parents were in town for the weekend and wanted to make lunch for the whole gang. It was delicious - and an incredible expression of love and care for us. The best part of it was that I wasn't responsible for any part of it ~ I could sit back and enjoy!

We enjoyed a great visit this evening from great family friends who live in Auckland who were passing through town today. We always have great times with them - we shared a great dinner of fish 'n chips - sitting on the floor with it all spread out on newspaper. (Our temporary dining table only seats four....so we have to get creative when company comes!)

Now that's Kiwi cuisine at it's best.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I found your town on Google Earth! It's a beautiful satellite picture! Are you closest to Welcome Bay, Pilot Bay or Duck Bay?

Makes you feel not so far away!

Ruth