Sunday, February 12, 2006

It's Snowing in CT

For those of you who don't know, I grew up in CT - spent 19 years of my life there - and my parents still live there today. It just so happens that they're expecting 8-12 inches of snow tonight. I must admit, there's a part of me that's a bit jealous. I mean, I really can't complain (I bet half the people in CT were wishing they were sitting on the beach in NZ right now.....), but there's just something special about sitting in front of the fire with a cup of hot chocolate while it's snowing outside....or waking up in the morning to a world blanketed in a foot of snow.....or getting bundled up and going outside and introducing a little toddler to the wonders of snowmen and snowangels and sledding. I have to admit, I'm going to miss that aspect of being a parent. But then again, before I get myself too depressed, I need to remind myself that living in the middle of America, I never did have the chance to bring Taylor to the beach and watch her discover sand and waves and seashells and everything glorious about the ocean. I guess you can't have it both ways. But in the meantime, to all of you in CT, enjoy the snow on my behalf, and don't be too jealous of me sitting here in NZ in the middle of summer! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey kristi! its alayna tuttle... i've been checking out your blog occasionally and this one made me smile so i just wanted to let you know i've been thinking about you guys and you are in my prayers. oh and fyi we got like 2 feet of snow :-P but seriously if you want i will mail ALL of it to you hehe

Kristi Walsh said...

Hey Alayna....Good to hear from you - thanks for your thoughts and prayers. Wish you could send the snow our way!!