Thursday, February 16, 2006

House of Prayer and Internship

I've decided it's time for a quick house of prayer and internship update. Not that there's too much else new....but I figured that all my posts can't be about food and fun and cultural differences! After all, we are here for a reason.

The internship is off to a good start. We have an incredible bunch of young people. As I've been talking to some of them recently about their experience so far, I've heard similar things from all of them: "Old paradigms of God are changing." "I'm really getting messed up." "I've never thought of God this way before." "It's like there's this collision inside of me between all my old concepts of God, and all these new truths being intruduced to me."

I can't help but think back to my own introduction of the 'knowledge of God' back in 1999 and 2000 when I first moved to Kansas City - my own journey being quite similar to the one these interns are on now. It's glorious. It's overwhelming. It literally feels like the DNA of your heart and mind are being re-written. It makes so much sense when you finally have language for all the things you have been thinking and feeling, but had no way to express.

It's exciting to watch these ones follow in the same direction - into the wonders of discovering God for who He really is. I know it's a journey that will never end, and will leave them (and us) changed forever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But I like hearing about food and the cultural stuff! :) I especially liked the story about the meat loaf! I am having my own frustrations with our oven, it's gas but it is pretty old as well. It doesn't even have degree's on it, it has the numbers 1-10! Thank goodness for the old fashioned Edmunds cook book that randomly has this table that tells you what the numbers mean! It's still a bit of a guess though, and it takes ages to cook anything! A completely thawed out chicken breast will take like an hour or more!!!
I've decided I'm jealous and I want my own blog, but I think I would start it and then probably hardly ever update it! Although maybe it could be my activity while Noah is napping, which we are trying desperately to get him into the habit of doing, praise the Lord he's down now and we're trying to establish a good ruitine, but it doesn't make the beginning any easier!

Love ya!

Trena

Kristi Walsh said...

I'm glad someone appreciated my meatloaf story! :-) and blogging really is lots of fun....if you want to start one, it's really easy. and yes, it's a great pastime while the kiddos are napping! :-)