Saturday, February 11, 2006

Picnic in the Park

Nic, Taylor, and I rose early this morning in anticipation of a nice little outing to the farmer's market. It was a great disappointment. There were probably a total of 20 tables - if we're lucky. And only half of them were actually selling fruits and vegetables, but I did manage to pick up some beautiful flowers for only $6.

In search of a more enjoyable outing, we decided to go back to the park today - Taylor's favorite place these days. Had a little picnic with Nic and then Daddy joined us (after a round of golf) and we all played with Taylor on the playground. Doesn't get much better than that for a 21 month-old.



Tonight we're having a mere 30 people over for coffee and dessert - our interns plus several of the pastors and leaders in the city and various ones part of the t-hop community. Purpose being, to provide an environmet for the interns to meet others that are part of the house of prayer and those in the city who love and support what we're doing. I spent the afternoon in the kitchen, making lemon squares and cream puffs. It's my first baking effort here in New Zealand....I have to admit, it was fun to be back in the kitchen again.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

And the park is only 4653 steps - and the walk is along the waterfront. Thats a return trip of 9306!

Kristi Walsh said...

too bad aaron's round of 18 holes is 13,489

Randy Bohlender said...

Aaron must be a better golfer than I ever was. I could do 23,256 paces. And even more on the second hole.

Anonymous said...

It's snowing right now is KC. I think of the beautiful view you have from your house and park, what a life. :)

Randy, you are hiliarious. You are probably the funniest guy you ever met, right?

Kristi Walsh said...

Oh, I miss the snow!! But I can't complain too much, I mean, we live 5 minutes from the beach. there's just something so special about waking up in the morning to a winter wonderland. enjoy it for me!

And let me just say, Randy, I'm sure glad I'm not the one playing golf with you. I'd be exhausted before we even got to the 2nd hole. :-)

Brent Steeno said...

Aaron has it tough!

Anonymous said...

did you know that both 4653 and 13489 are composite? the first is divisible by 3 and 9, the second is divisible by 7. "Divinity" and "perfection" now that sounds like New Zealand! PW