Sunday, February 12, 2006

Yes and No

I love that Taylor learned to say "Yes" before "No" was even a part of her vocabulary. Those of you who know Taylor have no doubt heard her say "Yesssssss" on more than one occasion. It's pretty adorable! I must admit, it made the first several months of toddlerhood much easier than they could have been otherwise. Inevitably, at 21 months, the word "no" has now snuck into her vocabulary - fortunately, though, not hard-out, decided, matter-of-fact "NO". Rather, yesterday when I asked her a question, ("Do you want more to drink?"), she looked at me, screwed up her nose, scrunched up her face, shook her head, and said, "Nah..." It's the cutest, most innocent "no" I've ever heard spoken by a toddler. Almost not even worthy to be classified as a "no". I just looked at her and laughed; sometimes she can be pretty hard to take seriously.

No comments: