Friday, March 17, 2006

A much-overdue update

My apologies for disappearing from the blogging world for a few days. It's been a little crazy around here....

We love care packages!!

The highlight of the day today was the care package that arrived in the mail from Grandpa and Grandma Joanie - complete with goldfish, of course. Perfect timing....our previous supply from Nana has just about run out. Also included were Resee's peanut butter cups and a really cute poncho that Grandma Joanie crocheted for Taylor. Well done. I took photos on my camera, but unfortunately, I can't download any of them to my computer, because the CD to download the camera software onto my computer is in Korea - as is the rest of our life. And Nic's camera was out of batteries. Bummer.

There's going to be a wedding...

Last night I threw a 'kitchen and laundry' shower for Misty. It turned out to be a great night - lots of preparation leading up to it, but it was well worth it. We had a great evening with the ladies from our community - and some great food, may I add. Misty and Josh got blessed with great stuff that they really needed, so I think it was a hit all the way around.

The wedding is next Saturday. Aaron is one of the groomsmen, so this coming week will probably be pretty crazy with various pre-wedding activities.

Internship

I've spent less time with the interns this week, and more time being 'mom'. We're trying to find that balance between ministry and family and what works and what doesn't. Unfortunately, that's only discovered by trial and error. I do get to lead the 8am devotional tomorrow, which will be fun. Unfortunately, that means no sleep-ins for me on Saturday morning! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I absolutely hate "showers"...... but i will give credit where credit is due........ Kristi did an amazing job organizing the shower and it was really, really neat. Especially since i hate "showers" - that is a huge compliment. Good Job Kristi - it was a huge success.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Misty and Josh! I hear you on the early mornings; I get to sleep in on weekends beginning two weeks from now and I am so excited!

Hannah