Saturday, March 11, 2006

Our weekend so far

It's been a full day. Went to the mall, Bayfair, this morning. Correction - went to the shopping center, Bayfair today. ("Mall" would be a bit of an overstatement, implying the larger-than-life collection of shops so commonplace in America. Bayfair would be about 1/4 of the size of the average Americal mall - maybe smaller). But hey, we've got to make the best of what we've got. Many towns in New Zealand don't even have anything close. It could be a lot worse - trust me.

This afternoon held a meeting about a wedding shower this week for Misty, and then a trip to the Warehouse with Nic and Nana Dot and Albert - and of course, Taylor. Now, don't even get me started about the Warehouse. It's not too bad, but let's just say, I really miss Wal-Mart. Really bad. Really, really bad. Is it possible that the Wal-Mart on State line and 135th noticed a sharp decline in sales, about January 25th? I dare say that it is.

Tomorrow after church we're expecting a visit from David and Karina for brunch. We don't usually entertain people for brunch, so I've had lots of fun planning this one. Our menu? Bacon quiche (sorry, Joanie - haven't yet found the canned crabmeat here - yet!), pan-fried hash browns with onion and red pepper pieces, a tomato-cucumber salad with fresh herbs and spices and a homemade balsamic vinegrette dressing, banana bread, and fresh pineapple. Hope it tastes as good as it sounds.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

I'm a big Wal-Mart fan, too. I would experience withdrawal if I had to leave it!

Sounds like y'all are doing really well! You're a very good writer and it's fun to read and keep up with you through your blog.

When do we get more pictures of your beautiful family?!

Take care!

Anonymous said...

If you can prepare such a delicious sounding, mouth-watering, and, knowing you, well presented feast with so little, what in the world will you do with all that kitchen equipment when it arrives? PW

Anonymous said...

living with Kristi Walsh is like living in a 5 star restaurant. She is the best cook in the world (close to my Mum...... . the breakffast was incredible - the otato thing was so so good and the quiche was one of the best I have had. And I loved it even though I am jewish and it has bacon in it!!!