Saturday, October 28, 2006

Great to have my hubby home

The drive up to Auckland airport was good - easy directions, but I have to admit I'm not much for driving on NZ roads. It sure isn't the 4 lane highway where you set the cruise on 70 and go. No, this is driving on roads with twists and turns and if you get stuck behind a slow truck, you're stuck. Until there's either a passing lane or a safe opportunity to pass. Or, you could happen to be driving behind a big truck carrying something quite large when two huge metal chains suddenly fall off and fly across the road. Of course, I'm not speaking from personal experience or anything........

But I made it safe and sound and was overjoyed to discover a Dunkin Donuts just outside the airport. They don't even have one of those in Kansas City! So yes, I stopped, and they had 2 bavarian cream donuts left. And I bought both of them. Can you say, "yummy"?

Aaron and I enjoyed a great little time away - beautiful hotel situated in the most beautiful countryside. It sure was great to see him again and to share all our stories from the last week.
And of course, when we got home, Taylor was sooo happy to see her Daddy!

On our way home, we stopped for lunch at a cafe recently voted "best in New Zealand". The food was really yummy ~ I think that will now have to become a regular stop whenever we drive through Matamata.

I do need to brag on my wonderful husband for a bit....he sure knows how to make his wife happy. The presents he brought me back from Fiji? Two containers of American Kraft Mayonaise, a huge container of Kraft parmesean cheese, and a huge bottle of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing! Seriously, that made my week! Apparently there's some sort of Sam's/Costo sort of place there with lots of American stuff, so he cleaned up. He also brought me back this cool little flax woven basket/bag sort of thing with coconut soap, lotion, body butter, etc. in it. And he bought Taylor the cutest little island dress for summer time. He's got such great taste and knows what His family loves!

2 comments:

Randy Bohlender said...

Kristi - are we save in assuming that you gave HIM both Bavarian cream donuts? Surely....

Anonymous said...

Oh Oh!! I think it's time to relocate THOP closer to DD. Then you won't have to risk being hit by any flying chains.PW