Friday, October 20, 2006

A well overdue post

Well, after falling off the blogging bandwagon this week, I think it's about time to get with it again. Every now and then I hit these blogging slumps....

We had a great week off. It was kinda strange having another break after just having 3 weeks away in the States, but it was still fun....no complaints here! :-) We started up again back into the routine yesterday, and it was really great to be back in the prayer room.

This week we were also able to welcome Dalton and Anna back into town. Dalton and Anna did the last internship, and were married in Scotland last month! It's so, so awesome to have them back with us....they are a great gift to us personally, as well as to this community and to this city/nation.

Next week, we also get to welcome back another couple from our first internship, who also got married last month. Jess and Jordan are headed back here on Wednesday, and we're excited to see them, too! We feel so strengthened with the return of both these couples; they both carry such a heart for the Lord and for the raising up of the house of prayer here. The Lord is definitely continuing to gather comrades around us.

Finally, the last pice of news for the night is that on Sunday, Aaron heads off to Fiji to teach at the IES school that Josh and Misty are leading. It's going to be weird not having him around. This is the first time since we've come to NZ that he's gone away for more than a night. I always miss him when he goes, but I learned long ago that it's important to make those time when he goes away a positive experience rather than a negative one that I dread every time. So now, I almost look forward to being able to do some things that I don't always get to do, like cook all the meals for dinner that he doesn't like (but I love!), having the freedom to come and go as I like without having to think about if he needs the car, and so on and so forth. And now that little Taylor is definitely old enough to understand that Daddy isn't around, hopefully I'll be able to come up with some fun things to do with her so that she, too, can learn that Daddy going away isn't always all bad.

And with that, I think I'm ready to call it a night. Prayer room tomorrow morning.....no staying up late for me tonight! :-)

1 comment:

Esther Irwin said...

Hi Kristi! Welcome back to the blog! :) I'm looking forward to seeing you in Nov.