Saturday, October 21, 2006

Taylor's Latest Accomplishment

Okay, so every parent gets to brag on their kids just a bit.

When we were in the States, one of my friends told me about this DVD - Leap Frog's "Letter Factory". We bought it on her recommendation, and it has quickly become Taylor's favorite. (And since it's so educational, mom doesn't mind her watching a dvd quite as much....) After a couple weeks of watching it, Taylor has very quickly started learning her letters - and the sounds they make. I've also started working with her (almost) daily using her Fridge Phonics. I'll ask her if she can find a certain letter, and often she picks the right one....many times also telling me the sound it makes. In fact, she knows 16 of her letters so far. Wahoo! She's such a clever little cookie....

1 comment:

Esther Irwin said...

You didn't need a DVD to know she was such a clever little girl!! The first few years of Samantha's life were some of my favourites since you could mold their minds so easily and it was just like playing with them. We had lots of fun on the games we played!! I used to make up poems and stories to tell her. They are hard work especially at the wee hours of the morning, like on the Bohlender's night watch now, but sooo worth it!!! 15 years on and many doubts and trials on the way, but she's so mature and loves the Lord so much. I may not have done everything right, but she's turned out pretty good so far!