Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Thoughts and Musings

New Zealand gives new definition to the phrase, "Change like the weather." As I type, I am staring through the window at the strange displays of weather. Numerious squalls have blown through today, but the gray clouds have quickly been fading to reveal bright sunny skies, only to be replaced moments later by another squall with copious amounts of wind and rain. It really is odd to see both bright, sunny, blue skies and gray rain clouds within moments of each other.

But enough thoughts on the weather. Taylor is now sleeping, and I have found my favorite haven to which I retreat daily during naptime.....a nice spot in the middle of our large, comfy couch, with my feet proped up on the coffee table. This is one of my favorite times of the day. The house is quiet, and I am left with my own thoughts and musings (and hopefully some of God's, as well)...... most of the time directed toward preparing for my Friday night teaching. Although we have no class this Friday (Thursday marks the beginning of the mid-internship week-long break), I still think I may take this opportunity to dive into some study. I'm really starting to enjoy the study and preparation that goes into teaching. Whereas before it was mostly draining and laborsome, now it is starting to be lifegiving and rewarding. To the point where I look forward to it in my day. Maybe I'm just getting used to exercising that muscle and it doesn't hurt as bad now. Maybe it's because there is grace to encounter God in the midst of this time, and that translates as life to my heart. Maybe it's both. But whatever the reason, I am grateful. So.....enough said. Time to study. And hopefully today, I'll be hearing God's thoughts and musings rather than my own.

2 comments:

Esther Irwin said...

Did you get the hail? I watched this squall going over and it started hailing!! Then the winds blew like a banchy in Kansas for awhile and we got a heap of rain, then it quit raining and the sun came out and it was really nice for about 5 minutes until it did the former again!!

Anonymous said...

GO Kristi!!
PW