Friday, October 13, 2006

Play Center

Taylor had a blast this morning at play center! It was great to see Kylie and Isabel again, especially after not seeing them for about 6 weeks. Taylor thought that was great fun! She also enjoyed playing with all the toys - both inside and outside.

Taylor's not too sure if she wants to join in the mess......


She's decided to add the water, and let Kylie do all the messy mixing!


Counting with Mom


Enjoying a little something to eat - playing so hard sure works up a good appetite!


The play center is really a great concept. It's mostly government-funded and provides an environment for parents to play with and teach their kids, as well as learn more about parenting and how to provide a opportunities at home for learning and stimulation. I'm not yet sure if this is something we'll sign up for to do every week, but I'm thinking it might be really good for Taylor. Since, by nature, she tends to be a bit more shy in new situations and hesitant to jump into new things (hmmm....wonder where she gets that from?!), I think this would be a good place for her to have the opportunity to get more confident in a setting with lots of kids and various new activities, ultimately preparing her for pre-school and/or school....all this with mom still nearby and able to still play an active role in her growth and development. Sounds like a pretty good thing to me! Thanks, Isabel, for inviting us to come along today - it sure was lots of fun.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

How neat! And what adorable pictures of Taylor--it seems like you can see her personality in them. :-) Did you do something new with your hair? I like it!

Jaime said...

...something new with your hair, as in since the last time I saw you...which was, of course, many years ago... *grin*

Kristi Walsh said...

It has been a long time, hasn't it?! Yes, I actually did get my hair cut while I was in the States...I went to see the girl who's been cutting it for, oh, the last 7 years....so that was fun! She did do something different with it - lots more layers than I've ever had, bangs, etc. - and my highlights have also grown out, so it looks a lot darker than it was before. But I decided to stick with my natural color for now - I kinda like it! :-)