Sunday, June 10, 2007

A Little Bit of a Moan

It's a buuuurrrrr cold, rainy day today. Of course, cold is relative. I am a New England girl, after all. I'm used to cold. Outside. What I'm not used to is having it be cold inside. Thank God for our heater that is keeping our main room nice and toasty, but the rest of the house is freeeezzzzzing!! Taylor's room is the coldest, so I'll move the heater in there before she goes to bed to get her room warm. OH, how I miss the luxury of central heat!!

I guess to keep it all in perspective, I have to remember the people in the south island who have just gotten heaps of snow, but don't have any central heat in their homes. I can't even imagine that!!! The good news is that the cold snap will be over in a few days, and then it won't be quite as cold. That's the thing with New Zealand weather - if you don't like it, just wait a day or two, and it is sure to change.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm with you. I still totally miss central heat and air conditioning! :)

Kristi Walsh said...

that makes me feel better! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristi, When we lived in Japan we only had one Kerosene heater to heat our whole house :0 I can totally relate. We turned it off at night because of the danger of earthquakes :0

Blessings, Charla

Kristi Walsh said...

It's nice to know that there are people out there who know - and appreciate - what I'm saying. :-)

Did you have frequent earthquakes in Japan, Charla? Haven't had any here yet.....I wonder when my first one will be......

Kelsey Bohlender said...

When we lived in the foyer of the gym in D.C. during February, our central heat was broken for 3 weeks. We found a propane heater, but it sounded like a jet engine and smelled like one too, so we could only use it a few minutes at a time. We slept in layers of clothing, winter coats, hats and mittens. Pretty funny picture!=