Saturday, June 09, 2007

My idea of a great evening

Aaron is away for the weekend, speaking at a young adult conference down in Wellington. Taylor is now in bed, which means that I have the next 3 or so hours all to myself to do (just about) whatever I please. So here's my set-up for the night: Sitting in bed, electric blanet on (Did I mention it's cold outside?), laptop in place, my Macintosh Yankee Candle lit (thank God for that container that carried my favorite Yankee Candles across the ocean!!), a nice mint hot chocolate by my side, and my Bible and a stack of books in hand. I can think of no other way I'd rather be spending my time. The only thing that will make it all better is a real, genuine encounter with the living God. Good thing He's in the business of showing up when weak humans set themselves before Him. So I throw myself at His mercy and pray one of my favorite prayers, "Here I am, Lord, the one that you love......"

No comments: