Thursday, June 28, 2007

Mid-afternoon Musings

It's cold today. Only 50, with a cloudy sky. Lest you think I am a wimp saying that 50 is cold, it's gotta be not much warmer than that inside. Okay, so I'm exaggerating a little bit, but you get the point. So, I have carved out a nice little spot on the couch right next to the heater, and my feet are finally starting to thaw out. It feels great! In case you hadn't figured this out from any of my previous posts, I'm definitely one of those people who is always cold. And hates being cold. Not a good combination. So with the heater crankin' right next to me, I'm a happy camper!

Taylor is sleeping, so I am working on some notes that I'll be teaching next internship. No, I am an over-achiever and trying to meet deadlines months in advance. One of our big projects for this break between internships is to compile notes for the entire curriculum so that we can print them off (or put them on CD), and hand it to the new interns upon their arrival. This probably wouldn't have happened if it weren't for Andy's faithful and diligent work on the matter. Neither Aaron nor I have the time and energy to devote to the whole project; we are so thankful for a team around us to help!

So, on a completely different note, let me leave you with a quote for the day:

Being a good cook has very little to do with the ability to successfully follow a recipe, though this is indeed a valuable and necessary skill to master. Being a good cook has everything to do with knowing a good recipe when you see one, and the ability to create a good recipe when the one you're looking for doesn't exist.

No comments: