Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Long Week

Wow. It's been a full-on week. And it's not done yet. I feel like I've barely had time to sit down and think, let alone spend considerable time with Jesus. I think I need to change that (at least the latter point).......and change it fast.

This is the last week of the internship, and I've been facilitating class - which has been really fun! This is my favorite week of class of the whole internship. Each day we put a couple of interns in the "hot seat", and everyone else speaks words of encouragement to them; areas of growth they've seen in them over the last 5 months, things they appreciate about that person, giftings or callings they see on that person's life, etc. One of the things I love the most is hearing how people have had an impact on other people's lives, and celebrating the growth that has happened in each person as they have sat before the Lord and allowed Him to change them. It's awesome.

Today I also led an extra worship set, as there are many worship leaders who are sick and unable to lead. I think that the weather certainly hasn't helped that; today was another cold, rainy day in which the heater was an absolute necessity. Breathing all the cold air at night certainly doesn't help the throats, either - but we won't get started on the lack-of-central-heat issue again! :-) Fortunately, the wind has shifted to a northerly, so it's actually much milder now at 10pm than it has been all day. Like I said before, at least the nasty weather doesn't hang around for long when it does come!

And seeing as how it's past 10pm, I need to think about finishing up my day so I can get off to bed before too long. I haven't been feeling 100% either, and really can't afford to be getting myself sick. No sleep-ins for me tomorrow - it's an early morning, 'cuz I lead at 8am. Time now to prepare for my devo in the morning. 'Night!

1 comment:

Esther Irwin said...

Here's a couple of tips for warding off colds and flu: put a couple drops of tea tree oil in a bowl with some warmed up oil or water, put your head over the bowl and a towel over your head, breathe in deep; it will clear your sinuses. Also, eating water cress helps get rid of cold and flu symtoms. I've heard parsley is good for your immune system as well. Heaps of water, too.

Running a dehumidifier helps keep a dryer air.

Prayer is really the easiest and best way of getting well. :)