Sunday, May 21, 2006

Another tree story....

So after reading both Kelsey's and Marci's blogs, I've decided to jump on the tree-story bandwagon.

I have always loved Dogwood trees. We bought our house in Kansas City in November of '01 when the backyard was bare and lifeless. But when the spring rolled around several months later, I was overjoyed to discover not one, but two dogwood trees in our back yard. I loved them. I looked forward to them blooming every spring after the long winter finally ended. They were definitely a gift from Jesus to me.

It's a bit sad to know that we're selling that house - and the backyard that goes along with it. Maybe I'll just have to buy a dogwood tree here when the Lord gives us a house of our own.

2 comments:

Kelsey Bohlender said...

I am going to pray you get blessed with 100 fold what you left. Well at least a couple dogwoods : ) The tree I regretted leaving the most was the one planted in memory of my mother in the backyard of our house in Cincinnati. That was a hard one!

Kristi Walsh said...

yeah - that sounds like it would have been pretty tough. That's the bad thing about trees....can't exactly pick 'em up and throw 'em in the POD with the rest of the belongings.