Sunday, May 28, 2006

New Table and Chairs and Gratuitous Thoughts about Dinnerware

Aaron and Taylor and I went out this afternoon to do a bit of shopping. We went out mostly just to get out of the house and go do something fun as a family, but we very quickly decided it was a good opportunity to look for things we actually needed to buy. (Great concept, huh?). So we started off looking for bookcases, and instead ended up buying a dining table and six chairs. (Funny how that happens). But we found this table and both loved it and the price was right......and we really, really needed it. We left our other dining set in KC 'cuz it was well used and was ready for a new one, and since arriving in NZ we've been using a plastic green patio set. Can't complain - it's been a blessing and has been much better than nothing - but needless to say, I am quite excited to finally have our own real dining set. Too bad it won't be ready for delivery for a few weeks. But I guess if I've lived this long with the one we've got, a few more weeks won't hurt.

Next items to purchase? (after the bookcases, of course).......new dinnerware to go with the new table. Our current set has slowly been depleted over the last few years, and the pieces that are left are quite chipped. I'm thinking it might be fun to venture into some square dinnerware. Quite trendy these days.....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristi,

You are very brave and have the most wonderful attitude! I hope you can get some help in packing everything up again! It sure does look like a beautiful house/yard.

Anonymous said...

Kristi,

You are very brave and have the most wonderful attitude! I hope you can get some help in packing everything up again! It sure does look like a beautiful house/yard.

Sarah said...

Kristi,

You are very brave and have the most wonderful attitude!... No, really, it's true. (Those last two posts weren't from me, but it's true so I thought it was worth "saying" a third time!)
Anyhoo, I am loving the idea of square dinnerware. After all, aren't we supposed to have "three square meals a day" =)

Kelsey Bohlender said...

It's hip to be sqaure.

Anonymous said...

Kristi, i got my sale flyers today and guess what??? your square plates are on sale at briscos and spotlight. do you know where those stores are in Tauranga?
Esther

Marci Lewellen said...

I am curious... which silverware are you missing most of... in my house it is always the spoons that go to hidding... why is that?

Kristi Walsh said...

Hmmmm...I think I'm missing it all - forks, spoons, and knives! How does that happen?