Monday, August 20, 2007

27 Years young

Yesterday I celebrated #27. It was a great birthday; one of the better ones I've had in the last few years. Started the day with presents, and then enjoyed a marvelous breakfast of waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, breakfast sausages (not as good as the American ones, but I'll forgive NZ for that.....), and fresh squeezed OJ made with oranges picked off our trees just moments before juicing. The most bet part about breakfast was no doubt the strawberries, as we haven't had fresh strawberries in the stores all winter, but this week they made their appearance, and were on sale, for that matter. Yummy! In the afternoon the girls and I went for a short stroll in town (can't remember the last time I went into town for the purpose of window shopping!), and after a quiet afternoon, we enjoyed the most delicious lasagna (Dad, some things never change!), garlic bread, and salad. The best food of the day, though, was no doubt the white chocolate raspberry cheesecake that made its appearance after dinner. Wow. I thoroughly enjoyed that one! And then after dinner, I went out with some girls to watch "Amazing Grace" - a new movie that just came out here in NZ. I'm sure it's probably already been out for months in America, but for those of you who haven't yet seen it, I'd highly recommend it! It's one of the few movies I've watched in the theatre that didn't have even one "off color" part in it. Fantastic movie. I then came home to the most tidy and clean house imaginable, courtesy of my amazing husband. All in all, it was a fantastic day. Thanks to all my family and friends who made it so special!



What's a party with0ut confetti? Taylor made sure we had plenty of it!

Whipped cream, anyone?


Scrumptious breakfast!


White chocolate raspberry cheesecake. Can we say, "Yum?!"

4 comments:

Jaime said...

Wow, that white chocolate raspberry cheesecake looks wonderful!! Did you make it or Aaron?

Happy Birthday, Kristi!! We're the same age for a few more months. :-)

Esther Irwin said...

Amen to that! What a great cheesecake! happy birthday to you Kristi. I was 27 when I got radically saved. It was a great age.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kristi,
Looks like you got sprinkled with alot of confetti.

Anonymous said...

I want that cheesecake recipe :)