Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Telletale signs that the pace of life is slowing down:

1. I have posted a blog two days in a row.
2. I am no longer going to sleep in the "single digits".
3. The chocolate bar in the pantry I started two weeks ago is only half-eaten.
4. I had two hours today during Taylor's nap in which I didn't write an email, answer a text, prepare notes, or think about schedules.
5. I have nothing pressing that must be done before I go to sleep tonight.

I must say, it does feel good to get settled into a more normal pace of life. Not that our life has become boring, or anything; I wouldn't want to give anyone the impression that I am now sitting around all day with nothing to do! Life is still full, but starting to feel a bit more managable.

One new thing that I will be doing this internship that we haven't done in any of the others is that every Thursday's class will be devoted to subjects concerning the prayer room - teachings on the model and practical clinics in which to practice, teaching on the apostolic prayers and hymns of Revelation, and all that good stuff. I will be doing some of the teaching, along with the couple who are leading the prayer room. I'm really excited about the opportunity to devote so much time to the teaching, practicing, and developing of what we do in the prayer room every day; in fact, I often wonder why we never before devoted one day a week of class to prayer room topics! It seems necessary to continue to bring excellence to this part of what we do. This means that Thursday will be a pretty full-on day for me, as Thursday mornings are my normal prayer room day and now Thursday afternoons will be class. I'm really looking forward to it, though. I feel as though there is grace for this in this season of life, and I'm jumping in with both feet. Not to mention the fact that it will continue to stretch me in the area of teaching and leadership. Story of my life these days. It's good, but sometimes such a sharp learning curve can hurt.

No comments: