Sunday, August 26, 2007

Made it safe and sound

Well, I'm back in the blogging world sooner than expected! Two flights and several hours later, we have arrived at a YWAM base in Oxford, New Zealand - a booming metropolis of approx. 2,000 people, 45 minutes from Christchurch. The set-up here is just perfect. We have a small, self-contained 2 bedroom apartment; most importantly, complete with wireless internet access. Yeah! We've settled in, Taylor is in bed, and we're expectantly looking forward to the coming week. It's going to be fun to see a new part of the country, have time together as a family, meet new people, get a good taste of the YWAM Oxford culture, and enjoy a different pace outside of the normal routine.

I was thinking during our drive from the airport out to the base that this is really the closest encounter that I've ever had with a DTS (Discipleship Training School). My only other YWAM experience was when we went to Townsville, Australia when Aaron spoke at the NLM (National Leaders Meeting). It's going to be fun to get a glimpse into the world of a "DTS" that so many (yea, most) of the interns/staff at THOP know well - but one of which I know nothing about.

I think it's time to get ready for bed, and maybe have a bit of reading time before it's lights out. I can feel myself unwinding already!

No comments: