Monday, August 06, 2007

Where in the world have I been?

It would be a profound statement of the obvious for me to say that I have been most definitely absent from the blogging world recently. Not only absent from the world of writing blogs, but also absent from the world of reading blogs. I'm not quite sure what happened, other than the fact that life has most definitely run away from me, and has forgottn to bring me along.

I could write paragraphs about all that has transpired in the last week - from Aaron's return home after his trip to Asia, to the start of the internship to the move into the new THOP building which still isn't ready yet. More accurately, I would also have to tell of the laundry and grocery shopping and preparation for class and worship sets and emails and meetings and the list goes on and on. I am reminded of a line from a song from the movie "Mr. Holland's Opus" that goes something like this, "Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans....".

But seeing as how time doesn't allow all the stories of the last 7 days, I'll give you the two highlights of the last 36 hours. The first would definitely be a spontaneous date with my husband at the local 'mall' on Sunday afternoon. It was perhaps one of the funnest dates we've had in a while; for no profound reason other than we simply enjoyed being with each other. Another highlight woud be my 3.4k run around the mount this morning, because the track to the top was closed. Though not quite as intense of a workout as the walk/run straight up, it was a nice change of pace from the norm. And still left me feeling pretty exhausted in a good sort of way. My final moment worth mentioning was making meatballs with Taylor this afternoon. I had never done this before, but for some reason today I was inspired to wash Taylor's hands real well and let her crack the eggs, help me add the breadcrumbs and parmesean and spices....and then get her hands in there to help me mix it all up. I then showed her how to shape the meat into balls......she loved it and we had great fun doing it together. I have a feeling I'm never again going to be able to make meatballs on my own.

Hopefully you'll hear more from me tomorrow.

1 comment:

Esther Irwin said...

I love Mr Hollands Opus!

Samantha & I made meatballs last week, too. It was a Mexican soup recipe in the Foodtown mag this month and worth making again. Tonight it was bangers and mash... what a classic!

Hey, I'm thinking of camping down there for a week during school holidays... will the new prayer room be done by then - in Sept?