Friday, August 17, 2007

Random thoughts

Today was one of those days that felt like it would be one we'd look back on in the years to come and realize it was significant in the journey. This afternoon, we hosted two couples for lunch who are planning on moving here to be part of THOP and the prayer/missions expression of what God is doing here in Tauranga. It causes me to stand in awe of the Lord's leadership and to wonder what are the secrets in His heart for this place as He continues to draw men and women of such excellence from across the globe to this little city at the ends of the earth. It really is a curious thing.

Tonight Aaron and Taylor and I were the only ones home, so we made two bowls of popcorn, and enjoyed some good family time watching the first bit of the rugby game. Great family time, great popcorn. Don't have a clue if it was great rugby, but that's beside the point! :-)

In other news, in exactly 15 1/2 hours I get to redeem a gift certificate I was given for a massage at a great spa in the city (not that anyone is counting or anything!). I couldn't be more excited, as the last month my back and neck and shoulders have been bearing witness to the intense schedule we've been living and are in need of a good professional massage.

Also on the agenda for tomorrow, Aaron plays his final round of golf in the 54-hole club championships - in which he is currently tied for 6th out of about 180 guys. I'm so proud of him, and I hope he playes incredible tomorrow to give himself a good, solid finish.

No comments: