Friday, March 02, 2007

Mommy-Taylor bonding time

Once again, Taylor and I have a mommy-daughter weekend. Aaron left this afternoon for Wellington and Auckland, and Nic has gone away for the weekend to visit some family friends. So we get to enjoy a quiet weekend together, holding down the fort here at home. I'd like to make it a special time for her, so I'm thinking about starting off tomorrow morning with a pancake breakfast, just for something a bit different. I usually go into the prayer room on Saturdays, but since I'm a full-time mom this weekend, we get to have a lazy Saturday morning. I can't say I'm disappointed about that one! Hopefully Taylor will decide to have one of her legendary 8am sleepins tomorrow morning - especially since it's now 11:30pm and I really should be getting to bed!

But one more note before I do......I was in the grocery store the other day and saw some piergois in the frozen food section. On a whim, I decided to buy some (although I have yet to find kilbasa to eat them with). So tonight I decided to cook some up for dinner - complete with the onions fried in butter.....and boy, did it bring back some awesome memories of childhood! My dad used to make those (from scratch) every Easter along with lots of other yummy Polish food. One of these days, I'm going to pull out my recipe and make 'em from scratch, too. (Hmmm....Easter is coming up....). If only I could find some kilbasa, we'd be on our way to a good Polish Easter. It might be time to start searching every butcher in the city that I know of and see what we can find.

No comments: