Sunday, March 04, 2007

Sunday Night Church

On a whim, I decided to go to church tonight. We don't usually go on Sunday nights, but today I decided to put Taylor to bed early (left her with Nic), and go out for the evening. I have to say, it was perhaps the best church service that I've been in since being in New Zealand. For one reason alone: the worship was awesome. It reminded me a bit of the days of my youth at Gateway, when the worship could have (and often did) go on for hours. Tonight, I just wish they hadn't stopped. I also quickly discovered that Sunday night is primarily a young adult congregation.....so that's where they've been all this time. God is doing some pretty interesting stuff around here. It's a bit too early to see how it all is going to come down, but I'm excited to think of the possibilities. And to be part of it.

Now, if I can just get to bed before 11pm these days, I'll be doing good.....

No comments: