Thursday, March 01, 2007

Meat

(to receive the full impact of this post, you must read the next sentence with a slow, southern drawl...)

Now this here....


....is whatchya git when you live in farm country.
What you're looking at is perhaps the freshest lamb meat you have ever seen.....at a price equivalent to robbery. We know someone who owns one of the most respected sheep farms in the area, so today we went to the farm to pick up our meat order. How awesome is that?
Taylor was looking forward to the trip all day. When she woke up from her nap, she excitedly told me that she had to bring her stuffed animal sheep, so she could "show it to all the other sheep at the farm!" This was the first time Taylor had ever been on a real farm; that became quite obvious when we walked into the shed where the pigs were and she cringed at the smell and didn't want to go in! :-) But once she got over that, she quickly decided that her favorite part of the farm were the 13 little piglets running around. She had a great time!
As for me, I'm excited about the lamb roasts we get to cook (and eat!) once the chilly weather sets in.
I guess I'll be learnin' real quick how to cook 'em good...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"No that there is some darn good hunks-a-good-eatin meat!" I would LOVE it if you would enlighten me on how to cook meat WELL. My husband grew up in the farming business, and he married a woman that thinks chicken is meat. He has since informed me that chicken is not truly in the "meat" category. It's all about beef and potatoes in farm country... I have a lot to learn! Have fun eating lamb! (That's my favorite kind of meat...I just don't know how to cook it.)

Kristi Walsh said...

Well, Song, when I figure it out, I'll let you know! I give Aaron the chops to do on the grill; as for the roasts, I'm still trying to figure that one out. :-) I do have a recipe for apple-lamb curry that is pretty yummy. I'll have to pass that one along to you. I agree - lamb is such good meat!

Kristi Walsh said...

P.S. I forgot to say - thank you, Song. I was hoping that someone out there would appreciate the bounty of so many hunks of raw meat! :-)